Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Pfaltzgraff Gourmet Pottery




Many years ago my hubsand and I received, as a wedding gift, a starter set of Pfaltzgraff dinnerware, in the Gourmet pattern. Much later, when we decided to add to the set, it was unfortunately determined that Pfaltzgraff had discontinued the pattern. So I began haunting Antique Shops and Thrift Stores, looking for Gourmet pieces. In these places I have found many things in the Gourmet pottery by Pfaltzgraff--pieces that I did not even know Pfaltzgraff produced.

My kitchen cabinets are now full of Gourmet casserole dishes, soup tureens, all manner of coffee cups, serving dishes of all shapes and sizes, hot plates, pitchers, bowls--you name it, we probably have it. EXCEPT for the few pieces I am still looking for; i.e., beer steins and a set of canisters. And, of course, I am sure there are Gourmet pieces out there somewhere that I am still not aware of, since the Pfaltzgaff Pottery Company did not publish or keep a list of the Gourmet pieces they produced from the fifties through the 1980's.

If anyone knows a source for the Gourmet items I am looking for, I would be glad to hear from them.

And as usual, I have collected duplicates of many Pfaltzgraff Gourmet pieces during my journeys to Antique Shops, Thrift Stores and Garage Sales. See the Pfaltzgraff items I have for sale at:
http://pennysantiquesandwedgwoodpantry.chshops.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_36.

Pictured above: Pfaltzgraff Gourmet Royale Oil and Vinegar Cruet.

copperpenny22
cupenny@tds.net
www.pennyspantry.net

No comments: