Tuesday, July 27, 2010

AuctionBytes Article From The Editor by Ina Steiner


From the Editor
By Ina Steiner
AuctionBytes.com
July 25, 2010

When my sisters, brother and I were kids in the 1960s, my mother fed us a constant diet of comic books to encourage us to read. She would sneak in some of those Classics Illustrated adaptations of literary classics along with Richie Rich and Archie and Jughead. It worked, and we all became avid readers.

Until I read John Wall's blog post today, I really hadn't thought about much about comic books being published digitally. As John writes, yes, there's an app for that: "last Wednesday was the first time that a comic I was going to buy in the store was also available via the Comixology Application for iPad. Instead of driving to the local shop to buy it, I just clicked and had it instantly."

Article Continues at: AuctionBytes

Penny and Doug
cupenny@tds.net
Penny's Antiques & Wedgwood Pantry





Quote of the Day:
"Excessive taxation ... will carry reason and reflection to every man's door, and particularly in the hour of election." --Thomas Jefferson

No comments: